• Printed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Midwifery and Nursing Practice
International Journal of Midwifery and Nursing Practice
2021, Vol. 4, Issue 2, Part A
A study to assess the effectiveness of structured teaching programme on knowledge regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome among adolescent girls of Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Nursing Moradabad (U.P.)

Indresh Gupta and Anindita Mandal

Background: PCOS is one of the most common endocrine diseases in women of reproductive age. PCOS typically develops during adolescence and in heterogeneous syndrome classically characterized by features of an ovulation with signs of Androgen excess (Hirsutism, Acne) Modern life style that include poor nutrition, smoking, unmanageable stress and other factors are set to be behind a new figure stating that 25% of married couples in Kolkata (India) are new infertile.
Methods: A pre-experimental (one group pre-test –post-test design) Research Design. In this study, and sampling technique non probability purposive technique or judgemental sampling was used. study was conducted on 40 Adolescent girls. Interview Schedule was conducted to asses Assess the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge Regarding PCOS. Knowledge score of Adolescent girls has been computed on the basis of correct response to consists of 30 multiple choice questions where total score is 30. For right answer score “1” (one) and for wrong answer score “0” (zero).and by converting it to percentage score.
Results: After the completion of the study, we find out that The analysis reveals that in the pre-test knowledge score 07 (17.5%) adolescent girls had inadequate knowledge score, 32 adolescent girls had moderate knowledge score followed as only 1 adolescent girl (2.5%) adolescent girl had adequate knowledge score .In other ways, the post-test knowledge score 13 adolescent girls 32.5%) had moderate knowledge score while remaining adolescent girls 27 (67.5%) had adequate knowledge. regarding POSA The post mean knowledge score of adolescent girls was 21.37 with the standard deviation 3.88 which is higher than the pre-test. the pre-test knowledge score i,e. Mean is 13.3 and standard deviation is 3.7. the obtained mean difference is 8.07, while the “t” found 9.72 which is significant at 0.05 level at table value. Based on the statistical analysis using chi-square test significant association was found only between knowledge score with days of menstrual cycle among adolescent girls regarding PCOS.
Conclusions: Therefore it is concluded that the structured teaching programme regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome was effective in enhancing the knowledge score of adolescent girls.
Pages : 31-35 | 60 Views | 38 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Indresh Gupta, Anindita Mandal. A study to assess the effectiveness of structured teaching programme on knowledge regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome among adolescent girls of Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Nursing Moradabad (U.P.). Int J Midwifery Nurs Pract 2021;4(2):31-35.
close Journals List Click Here Other Nursing Journals Other Journals
International Journal of Midwifery and Nursing Practice
Please use another browser.